Shop on Amazon.in

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S



Joey Tribbiani from F.R.I.E.N.D.S is a real friend. No friend is better than Joey. If you can recall below scene from the series, you would agree. And the way Matt LeBlanc has portrayed the character is superb. Here are some of the memories.

Well I’m Joey. Yeah, uh, I’m disgusting and I take my underwear off at other people’s homes.

A Great Friend


I love this one... read it, you will know why:

Phoebe: Yeah, so I said, "OK, relax please," y'know, I mean, sex can be just 
about two people right there in the moment, y'know, it's, if he wants to see 
me again he can call and if not, that's fine too. So after a looooot of 
talking. . . I convinced him.
Joey: Let me get this straight. He got you to beg to sleep with him, he got 
you to say he never has to call you again, and he got you thinking this was 
a great idea.
Phoebe: Um-hum.
Joey: This man is my God.

The below one is one of the best dramatic scenes ever:

Joey: All right. [gets up]
Monica: [stopping him] No! Joey, we swore we'd never tell!
Chandler: [running over and joining Monica] They'll never understand!
Joey: Well, we have to say something! We have to get it out! It's eating me 
alive!! Monica got stung by a jellyfish.
Monica: [interrupting] All right!! All right. [walks slowly into the living 
room] I got stung. Stung bad. I couldn't stand. I-I couldn't walk.
Chandler: [following Monica] We were two miles from the house. Scared and 
alone. We didn't think we could make it. [He goes to put his hands on Monica's 
shoulders but for some reason can quite complete the action and pulls back.]
Monica: I was in too much pain.
Joey: And I was tired from digging the huge hole!
Chandler: And then Joey remembered something.
Joey: I'd seen this thing on The Discovery Channel...
Ross: Wait a minute! I saw that! On The Discovery Channel, yeah! About 
jellyfish and how if you... [stops suddenly and turns to look at Monica] 
Ewwww!! You peed on yourself?!
Phoebe and Rachel: Ewwww!!
Monica: You can't say that!! You-you don't know!! I mean I thought I was 
gonna pass out from the pain! Anyway I-I tried, but I-I couldn't...bend that 
way. So... [looks at Joey.]
Phoebe, Ross, and Rachel: [turning to look at Joey] Ewwww!!
Joey: That's right I stepped up! She's my friend and she needed help! And if 
I had too, I'd pee on anyone of you! Only, uhh, I couldn't. I got the stage 
fright. I wanted to help, but there was too much pressure. So-so I uh, I 
turned to Chandler.
Chandler: [wails loudly into his hands] Joey kept screaming at me: "Do it 
now! Do it!! Do it! Do it now!!". 
Sometimes late at night I can still here the screaming.
Joey: [laughs] That's cause sometimes I just do it through my wall to freak 
you out.
Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S


Joey: Well, I'm sorry if I'm not a middle-aged black woman. And I'm also sorry if sometimes I go to the wrong audition.

[On living alone] 
Joey: I thought it'd be great, you know? have some time alone with my thoughts... turns out, I don't have as many thoughts as you'd think.

Chandler: (entering) Hey, does anybody need anything copied? I'm going down 
to the Xerox place.
Monica: Oh, no thanks.
Chandler: Okay listen, just give me anything I can make two of.
Monica: Well, if you don't have anything to copy, why are you going down 
there?
Joey: Yeah, are you just going down there to gawk at that hot girl with the 
belly button ring again?
Chandler: Yeah! You wanna come?
Joey: Yeah!

Joey: Oh, have either one of you guys ever been to the Rainbow Room? Is it 
real expensive?
Chandler: Well, only if you order stuff.
Joey: I'm takin' Orsula tonight. It's her birthday.
Ross: Whoa. What about Phoebe's birthday?
Joey: When's that?
Ross: Tonight.
Joey: Oh, man. What're the odds of that happening?
Ross: You take your time.

In case you wonder - Orsula is Phoebe's twin sister.

[after Chandler kisses Kathy] 
Joey: You're so far past the line, you can't even see the line. The line is a dot to you.

And hers is what I am talking about

Joey: Hey, Monica bought a bed from the "Mattress King"?
Phoebe: Yeah, so please, please, please, don't say anything to Chandler.
Joey: You want me to lie to Chandler?
Phoebe: Is that a problem?
Joey: No.

More will come, soon, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment